En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 14, 2006

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Montana courts, check the MT Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for sheriff departments in Montana. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for sheriff departments on the Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association website.



Sheriff's Office
2 South Pacific
Dillon, MT 59725
Phone: (406) 683-2383

Big horn

Sheriff's Office
121 W 3rd St
Hardin, MT 59034
Phone: (406) 665-1503


Sheriff's Office
400 Ohio
Chinook, MT 59523
Phone: (406) 357-3260


Butte/ Silver Bow
Sherrif's Office
225 N Alaska
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: (406) 497-1120
Fax: (406) 497-1181
Web: http://co.silverbow.mt.us/sheriff.htm

Sheriff's Office
125 N Walnut St
Townsend, MT 59644
Phone: (406) 266-3441

back to top