En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 14, 2006

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Montana courts, check the MT Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for sheriff departments in Montana. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for sheriff departments on the Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association website.



Sheriff's Office
522 Maiden Ln
Thompson Falls, MT 59873
Phone: (406) 827-3584


Sheriff's Office
100 W Laurel
Plentywood, MT 59254
Phone: (406) 765-1200

Silver bow

Sheriff's Office
120 S Idaho
Butte, MT 59701
Phone: (406) 782-4224


Sheriff's Office
400 3rd Ave N
Columbus, MT 59019
Phone: (406) 322-5326

Sweet grass

Sheriff's Office
PO Box 567
Big Timber, MT 59011
Phone: (406) 932-5143

back to top