En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 14, 2006

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Montana courts, check the MT Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for sheriff departments in Montana. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for sheriff departments on the Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association website.



Sheriff's Office
106 4th Ave E
Polson, MT 59860
Phone: (406) 883-7301

Lewis & clark

Sheriff's Office
221 Breckenridge
Helena, MT 59601
Phone: (406) 447-8235


Sheriff's Office
101 Adams
Chester, MT 59522
Phone: (406) 759-5171


Sheriff's Office
512 California Ave
Libby, MT 59923
Phone: (406) 293-4112

back to top