En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 14, 2006

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Montana courts, check the MT Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for sheriff departments in Montana. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for sheriff departments on the Montana Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association website.



Sheriff's Office
Carbon Co Crthse
Red Lodge, MT 59068
Phone: (406) 446-1234


Sheriff's Office
101 Park St Crthse
Ekalaka, MT 59324
Phone: (406) 775-8743


Sheriff's Office
3800 Ulm North Frontage Rd
Great Falls, MT 59404
Phone: (406) 454-6820


Sheriff's Office
1215 Washington
Fort Benton, MT 59442
Phone: (406) 622-5451


Sheriff's Office
1010 Main St
Miles City, MT 59301
Phone: (406) 874-3320

back to top