En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED March 17, 2009

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for an order of protection.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our MO Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our MO Where to Find Help page.



Independence Courthouse Annex
308 W. Kansas
Independence, MO 64050
Phone: (816) 881-4555
(Blue Springs, Independence, Lee's Summit, Raytown, etc.)

Family Justice Center
625 E. 26th Street
Kansas City, MO 68108
Phone: (816) 474-3606

Jackson County - Judicial Circuit 16
415 East 12th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: (816) 435-4738
Fax: (816) 881-3635
Web: http://www.16thcircuit.org/


Jasper County Courthouse - Judicial Circuit 29, Carthage Office
302 S. Main
Carthage, MO 64836
Phone: (417)358-0441
Fax: (417)358-0461

Jasper County Courthouse - Judicial Circuit 29, Joplin Office
601 South Pearl
Joplin, MO 64801
Phone: (417) 625-4366
Fax: (417) 782-7172
Web: http://www.jaspercounty.org/
Special Note: Jasper County has two court buildings, one each in Carthage and Joplin. There are no jurisdictional lines and cases can be filed at either location.


Jefferson County Courthouse - Judicial Circuit 23
P.O. Box 100
Hillsboro, MO 63050
Phone: (636)797-5443
Phone: (636) 797-5060 Adult Abuse Orders
Fax: (636)797-5073 (fax)
Web: http://www.jeffcomo.org/


Johnson County Courthouse - Judicial Circuit 17
101 West
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Phone: (660)422-7413 (telephone)
Fax: (660)422-7417 (fax)
Web: http://www.courts.mo.gov/page.asp?id=1610

back to top