En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED June 29, 2005

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)  At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.   If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our MI Download Court Forms page.   For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our MI Where to Find Help page.



Circuit Court
County Justice Center
161 E. Michigan Avenue
Battle Creek, MI 49014-4006
Phone: (269) 969-6530


Circuit Court
60296 M-62
Cassopolis, MI 49031-0355
Phone: (269) 445-4412


Circuit Court
County Building
301 State Street
Charlevoix, MI 49720
Phone: (231) 547-7243


Circuit Court
County Building
870 S. Main Street
Cheboygan, MI 49721
Phone: (231) 627-8818


Circuit Court
County Courthouse
319 Court Street, Sault Street
Marie, MI 49783
Phone: (906) 635-6338


Circuit Court
225 W. Main Street
Harrison, MI 48625
Phone: (989) 539-7883


Circuit Court
100 E. State Street
St. Johns, MI 48879
Phone: (989) 224-5132


Circuit Court
200 W. Michigan Avenue
Grayling, MI 49738
Phone: (989) 348-2841

back to top