En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED July 12, 2011

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order. (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.) At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our LA Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our LA Where to Find Help page.



District Court
110 North Bay St.,
Suite 100 P O Box 667
Amite, LA 70422
Phone: (985) 748-4146
Fax: (985) 748-6503 Fax
Web: http://www.tangiclerk.org/


District Court
201 Hancock Street
P O Box 78
St. Joseph, LA 71366
Phone: (318) 766-3921
Fax: (318) 766-3926


District Court
7856 Main Street
P O Box 1569
Houma, LA 70361
Phone: (985) 868-5660
Fax: (985) 868-5143

back to top