En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED February 18, 2010

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

Before your Protection Order or Restraining Order can take effect, you must have your papers served to the abuser. Contact the clerk of the court in your parish to find out where you should get your papers served. For a list of Louisiana courts, check the Courthouse Locations page on our site.

Usually, you get your papers served at your local Sheriff Department. Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for Sheriff Departments in Louisiana.

For more information on how to get a Protection or Restraining Order, check our How to Get a Restraining Order page, or contact the clerk of the court in your parish.

The information below came from the www.usacops.com website.


Grant Parish

Sheriff's Office
PO Box 187
Colfax, LA 71417
Phone: (318) 627-3261

back to top