En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED July 31, 2012

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)   At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.   You will also find links to online forms at our KY Download Court Forms page.   For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our KY Where to Find Help page.


Scott County

Justice Center
119 N Hamilton St.
Georgetown, KY 40324-1784
Phone: (502) 863-0474

Shelby County

Circuit / Family Court
Shelby County Courthouse
401 Main Street, Ste. 101
Shelbyville, KY 40065-1133
Phone: (502) 633-1287

Simpson County

Simpson County Justice Center
101 N. Court Street
Franklin, KY 42134-0261
Phone: (270) 586-4241
Phone: (270) 586-8910
Fax: (270) 586-0265

Spencer County

Spencer County Courthouse Annex: Circuit Court
P.O. Box 282
27 E. Main Street
Taylorsville, KY 40071-0282
Phone: (502) 477-3220
Fax: (502) 477-9368

back to top