En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED July 31, 2012

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)   At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file. If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.   You will also find links to online forms at our KY Download Court Forms page.   For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization. You can find links to both types of organizations on our KY Where to Find Help page.


Ohio County

Circuit Clerk, Ohio Community Center
P.O. Box 67
130 E. Washington
Hartford, KY 42347-0067
Phone: (270) 298-3671
Phone: (270) 298-3238
Fax: (270) 298-9565

Oldham County

Oldham County Justice Center
100 W. Main Street
La Grange, KY 40031-1116
Phone: (502) 222-9837
Fax: (502) 222-3047

Owen County

Owen County Courthouse
Po Box 473
100 North Thomas Street
Owenton, KY 40359-0473
Phone: (502) 484-2232
Fax: (502) 484-0625

Owsley County

Owsley County Courthouse
P.O. Box 130
North Court Street
Booneville, KY 41314-0130
Phone: (606) 593-6226

back to top