En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED March 28, 2010

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser. In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure.  For a list of Kentucky courts, check the KY Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for sheriff departments in Kentucky. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for sheriff departments on the Kentucky Sheriffs Association website.



Sheriff's Office
Courthouse Annex
Mt Olivet, KY 41064
Phone: (606) 724-5511


Sheriff's Office
205 E. Main St., Box 2
Mount Vernon, KY 40456
Phone: (606) 256-2032


Sheriff's Office
Rowan Co Courthouse
627 E. Main St
Morehead, KY 40351
Phone: (606) 784-5446


Sheriff's Office
PO Box 78
Jamestown, KY 42629
Phone: (502) 343-2191

back to top