En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED November 13, 2009

Courthouse Locations


Print this page
View All

WomensLaw regrets that these resources have not been updated recently.  However, please note that the legal content on the Know the Laws section is updated annually and the rest of the website is also updated regularly.

Below is a list of courthouses where you can file for a protection order.  (If you want to file for custody, divorce, or anything else, you may want to call the courthouse to make sure that the court we have listed is the proper courthouse.)   At the courthouse, the clerk will provide you with the forms that you need to file.  If you need assistance filling out the forms, the clerk may be able to give basic instructions, but the clerk usually cannot help you decide what information to write or give you any sort of advice.  You will also find links to online forms at our IN Download Court Forms page.  For further help, you may want to reach out to a local domestic violence program or a legal services organization.  You can find links to both types of organizations on our IN Where to Find Help page.



Circuit and Superior Courts
P.O Box 85
Nashville, IN 47448
Phone: (812) 988-5512 Clerk
Phone: (812) 988-5470 Victim’s advocate program
Fax: (812) 988-5562
Web: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/brown/

New Albany

Circuit, Superior, and County Courts
311 Hauss Square #235
New Albany, IN 47150
Phone: (812) 948-5415 Clerk's Office
Fax: (812) 948-4711
Web: http://www.floydcounty.in.gov/

New Castle

Circuit and Superior Courts
PO Box B
New Castle, IN 47362
Phone: (765) 529-6401 option 3
Fax: (765) 456-2267
Web: http://www.in.gov/judiciary/henry/


Circuit Court
255 South Main
PO Box 10
Newport, IN 47966
Phone: (765) 492-3500
Fax: (765) 492-5001
Web: http://www.vermilliongov.us/


Clerk of Courts - Circuit and Superior Courts
One Hamilton County Square
Suite 106 (lst Floor)
Noblesville, IN 46060
Phone: (317) 776-8534 Clerk's Office
Phone: (317) 776-8255
Fax: FAX - for filing only: (317) 776-9604 (fee applies)
Web: http://www.state.in.us/hcc/

back to top