En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

UPDATED June 14, 2016

Sheriff Departments


Print this page
View All

Before a protection order can take effect, it must be served upon the abuser.  In most states, protection orders are served by the sheriff department.  However, in Alaska, there are no sheriff departments but rather peace officers generally service protective orders.  Peace officers are designated police officers or state troopers.  You can contact the clerk of the court in the court that issued your order to find out the procedure for service if you are unsure. For a list of Alaska courts, check the AK Courthouse Locations page on our site.  Listed below are telephone numbers and addresses for police departments in Alaska. You may be able to find more up-to-date listings for police departments on the State of Alaska Community and Regional Affairs website. If your locality/city/town is not listed below, you can go to the State of Alaska Community and Regional Affairs website and see what police officer or state trooper is assigned there.



Haines Police Department
215 Haines Hwy
PO Box 1209
Haines, AK 99827
Phone: (907) 766-2121
Web: http://www.hainesalaska.gov/police


Homer Police Department
4060 Heath Street
Homer, AK 99603
Phone: (907) 235-3150
Fax: 907-226-3009
Web: http://www.cityofhomer-ak.gov/police
Email: police@cityofhomer-ak.gov


Hoonah Police Department
379 Raven Drive
PO Box 450
Hoonah, AK 99829
Phone: (907) 945-3655
Fax: (907) 945-3658
Web: http://www.cityofhoonah.org/publicsafety/custom-contact-page/public-safety-contact-information

back to top