En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Where to Find Help

American Psychological Association (APA) Locator
Web: http://locator.apa.org/
The APA has a feature to locate a counselor or therapist in your area who can help you if you are experiencing emotional abuse - you can select "domestic violence" from the drop-down list on their webpage. Therapists are trained to help people in crisis and could be a big support for someone suffering in this way. To find out if the therapist accepts your health insurance or what his/her fee is, you would have to contact the person directly.

Web: http://www.yesican.org/chat.html
The Yes ICAN chatroom is to be used by individuals who wish to discuss issues around surviving child abuse, parenting and domestic violence. The YesICAN chat room is available to those who need support. YesICAN chats are facilitated by trained facilitators. There are scheduled times for various subjects, including emotional abuse, incest, sibling abuse and physical abuse. Please go to their website for full details and the schedule.

back to top