En Español
National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224

Preparing for Court

UPDATED June 19, 2012

Court Forms

Print this page
You can find the Petition for Protection From Abuse online.  You will need to file the paperwork with the clerk of court.  To figure out which courthouse to file through (also called a "venue" in LA), please read In which parish can I file for a protective order?  You may also get forms from the clerk of court in the courthouse.  To find the courthouse in the parish you will need to file please see our LA Courthouses page.

A domestic violence organization in your area may also be able to provide you with the necessary forms. Go to LA State and Local Programs to find an agency in your area.